Event Venue Coordinator
Historic Lairmont Manor is in search of an experienced venue coordinator to plan and manage events. The venue coordinator is the sole point of contact for all venue interest. The coordinator will book, manage, cost, coordinate and execute all type of events, mainly weddings. The successful coordinator will manage all that goes into the day-to-day of our venue. This includes all sales, communication with potential and current guests, wedding shows, marketing/social media, property management and rentals, holiday decoration, event planning and community relations.
The venue coordinator should be enthusiastic about special event management, provide outstanding customer service, and be able to build relationships with a wide range of potential clients and the Whatcom, Skagit, Island, Snohomish and King county communities.
• Develop and implement a sales plan to achieve financial goals for the venue events, negotiate and prepare contracts, book and manage all events.
• Schedule and host property tours. Must have knowledge of the history of the property and the owner family and what they have done to maintain the estate during their 50 years of ownership. Must be able to speak clearly, be friendly, polite and helpful to potential guests.
• Work with the clients to formulate all of the required event details; such as seating, timing and logistics of events.
• Act as the day-of coordinator for all events. Ensure day goes smoothly. Know all that needs to happen during the event. Immediately set a professional tone with the bride or company when they arrive. Schedule competent staff to be onsite to set up before, during, and after for clean up and close out.
• Establish good relationships with vendors. Serve as a liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
• Strive to build a high level of reputation for a high-end property. Work to increase positive feedback through quality of events and customer service.
• Coordinate detail of all events in addition to weddings such as conferences, birthdays, fund raisers, anniversaries, charity events, dinner parties, memorial services, business meetings, bar/bat mitzvahs, quinceañera’s, rehearsals, concerts, school events and so on.
• Develop/execute new event types to keep us busy as much as possible.
• Research market trends. Know bridal market, styles, trends, venue competitors and the process of planning events and weddings.
• Be diligent on social media and other marketing / advertising activities every single day. Know how to respond to emails, comments (negative or positive) in a polite and professional manner.
• Handles objections and solves customer problems.
• Ensures prompt responses to client inquiries within 6 business hours by email or phone. Must be on call to engage on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest 7 days a week. Must be willing to answer notes and calls from eager/anxious guests at all hours.
• Periodically research and maintain knowledge base of the local and regional event and banquet market.
• Keeps event sales, bookings and calendar up to date on a weekly basis to present to office manager and owners.
• Manage and maintain current calendar of all events. Maintains proper personal organization; manages time well, sets appropriate work priorities, and maintains accurate record.
• Must be able to listen effectively, assess the situation, determine relevant issues and identify solutions.
• Should strive to maintain effective working relationships and enjoy working for a small company with established employees and family of owners.
• Maintain current lists of vendors including caterers, linen suppliers, musicians, hotels, wedding boutiques, clergy, rental suppliers, florists, etc, and review and refresh list often for performance and quality.
• Be able to work with a variety of personality types and adapt to change well.
• Manage property rentals: update rental calendars, advertise vacant units, schedule showings, arrange lease agreements and secure rentals.
Job Specifications / qualifications:
• Must have solid experience with event planning. Hospitality, and/or property management experience is preferred.
• Bachelors Degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for degree.
• Computer skills are essential; MSFT word, Excel, Photoshop or other photo editing program, email, text, all social media.
• Must have excellent oral communication skills, friendly, clear, and upbeat.
• Must show kindness, honesty, patience, timeliness and a genuine enthusiasm for historic property and our guests. Should represent our historic estate with professionalism, competence and polish.
• Must communicate effectively in written form. Email, phone and text will be main form of communication with brides/guests and owners of estate.
• Able to routinely work weekends, holidays and evenings as needed
• Must provide 2-3 solid references.
Job Type: Full-time
Ideal candidate would live within 15-20 minutes of Lairmont Manor. Must have a vehicle and valid drivers license. A live on property situation might be considered.
Please email your resumes, contact information, and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct your email to McKenzie Temple
Type: "Venue Coordinator" in the subject line.
We will be scheduling interviews immediately.
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to meeting you!